Position: Full time
Experience: 1 to 2 Years
About the magazine
Champak is the most-read Indian children’s magazine, which has been nurturing children with enriching, educative and wholesome content since 1969. It is published in 8 languages and is read by more than 43 lakh* readers across India (*IRS 2017). The magazine is read both digitally and in print.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Can coordinate with Writers, free lancers and manage the editorial desk internally and externally on editorial and administrative side
- Should be able to read Hindi manuscript
- Verifying all the facts in a particular story before publishing
- Curate extremely interesting stories, suitable for the target audience
- Suggest story ideas that are theme-relevant and curate content that will cater to this need
- Write error-free copies keeping in mind the facts, grammar, and spelling
- Is passionate about children’s content on print as well as digital
- Bachelors and masters in social sciences (History/ literature/ Political Science) or liberals arts from a reputed college.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Experience with software such as InDesign
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Please send in a résumé, a detailed statement on your experience along with two references (with names and contact information) and a cover letter to email@example.com. Subject line should read “Editorial Assistant”.