Until a few months ago, the word ‘pandemic’ largely existed in science fiction. Coronavirus did not exist and we washed our hands for 5 seconds if not lesser. Enter COVID-19. Coronavirus is a severe respiratory syndrome caused by the virus, SARS-CoV-2. Are you feeling lost with this unexpected vacation from school and clueless on how to face this virus? We got your covered. What’s that? The Panic Button? Let’s start by switching that off.
- Go ahead and use the bleach to clean the house but don’t drink it to kill the virus, that’s dangerous.
- You adore your pets, don’t you? The cat, the pooch, the hamster, the birds, the World Health Organization, an institution responsible for public health, says that none of them enables the transmission of coronavirus. Hence, while you stay safe at home, go ahead, pet them and love them.
- Lemonades are great drinks for summers and rich in Vitamin C. Does that help in killing our monster virus? No, it doesn’t.
- We know that the masks make you look as cool as Ninja Turtles, but they aren’t necessary unless you yourself have the virus or you’re in a crowded place.
- While cows are incredible herbivores and one of the reasons, we have abundant calcium in our bones, cow urine or cow dung is not going to kill the virus. Let’s use them for composting and manure.
So what can you do?
You do not have to do a hundred things to safeguard yourself, your family and friends against the COVID-19 virus. You can do just a few but VERY important things.
- Use a handwash or soap and wash your hands for 20 seconds, yes sing that Happy Birthday song twice and if that’s boring, make a song of your own.
- If using sanitizers, use one with 60% alcohol written on the label, no the herbal ones just won’t do this time.
- While using Whatsapp to stay in touch with friends is great, do not believe unverified information that is forwarded. Coronavirus is definitely not a virus which looks like Godzilla.
- Don’t stop greeting your elders, go on and do the Namaste or the wave or the Thai wai or maybe just Spock’s Vulcan Salute. Handshakes are out of safe fashion!
- Stay safe but also stay cheerful and positive because the strength of the mind is needed as much as the body’s to fight this disease together.
- Cover your face with a tissue while you cough or sneeze and remember this etiquette rule even after the pandemic is over. And we shall say, ‘Gesundheit’ (The German word for health, used to address sneezes, historically.)
Take a pledge today to join the Coronovirus Intelligence Bureau and debunk hoaxes and bust all myths surrounding the pandemic.