It’s World Chess Day on July 20 – make your own chessboard and chess pieces to celebrate!
You will need: Black paper, white paper, scale, scissors, cutter, pencil and glue
How to make:
1. Draw a border on the white square sheet and divide it into eight equal parts.
2. Similarly, divide the black chart paper into eight equal parts without a border and cut the strips.
3. Slit the white paper and weave the black strips on it like a mat.
4. Glue the edges. The chess board is ready.
5. For the pieces, cut strips of white paper and roll it.
6. For the king, roll a square and glue the ends. Cut two diamond shapes and glue them as shown.
7. For the queen, roll a square.
8. For the bishop, roll a long triangle, as shown.
9. For the knight, roll a wide triangle, as shown.
10. For the rook, roll a hexagon.
11. For the pawn, roll a square. Make white and black chess pieces.
There you go, your game is ready!